17 August 2010

This is why we do Change Your World

A Story of Hope:
Nelly, a domestic worker, age 30

What is hope to you?
Hope is something that makes me go on living. Hope gives me strength to cling on to and I can look forward to the future. Last year I lost all hope of going back to my home country Indonesia, of seeing my loved ones again. My wages for 5 years were not paid, I was forced to swim to a boat and I nearly drowned. Some kind soul rescued me and encouraged me to look to God. I was so despairing I wished I had died at sea. Slowly with help, I regained hope that I can see my children again. Thinking of them and my aged mother helped me to build up hope again. You asked me what is hope to me, hope is LIFE to me... it saved me from total despair.

What do you hope for?
I hope to see my 2 children again (ages 10,12). I was not allowed to contact them for 5 years when I was working with my last employer. Now I can call them off and on, but I would really love to see them face to face and how they have grown. I hope that my children will grow up well and be properly educated and later to find good jobs. I also hope to see my aged mother again, she has not been well.

What would you do to achieve that hope?
My employer is refusing to pay me the 5 years wages they owe me, so Tenaganita is helping me to bring my case to the authorities. However I am earning some money here, so I will save what I can to send home for my children's food and education and to help rebuild our house that was partly destroyed by the recent earthquake. I also get to call my family off and on, so my hope is still alive. I thank God that there are people here who reminds me that there is always HOPE!

CHANGE YOUR WORLD supports Tenaganita in all its efforts to assist people like Nelly. There is a story of 'hope' for every lost and wandering soul, every hurting person, treated unfairly and ridiculed. WILL YOU BE A KIND SOUL AND RESCUE SOMEONE AND BRING THEM HOPE?

CHANGE YOUR WORLD TOUR, KL, takes place on September 4th @ Sunway Convention Cetner, time: 6-10pm. Passes are Available @ RM20.

Contact any of the leaders above.

No comments: